Stewed pear with fresh goat's cheese and Serrano ham
- Serves : 4
- Preparation time : 25 mins
- 1 large pear, ripe but still firm
- 2 large slices of cured organic Serrano ham
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 fresh goat’s cheese (such as Chavroux with chives)
- 2 tablespoons liquid crème fraîche
- Fine salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Peel and deseed the tomatoes before dicing the flesh. Place the diced tomato in a bowl and season with a few pinches of salt. Mix well.
Next, divide the mixture between the verrines (approx. 1 cm thick layer). Set aside.
Peel and core the pear, adding the flesh to the mixing bowl.
Crush the pear with a fork, then add the goat's cheese, liquid crème fraîche, salt and freshly ground pepper.
Mix until thoroughly blended and velvety smooth.
Then spread this mixture in a 3 cm thick layer on top of the tomatoes in the verrines. Set aside.
Cut the slices of cured ham into thin strips 3 to 4 cm long and arrange in the shape of a rose on top of the verrines.
Set aside in the fridge for at least 2 hrs before serving the chilled verrines with small slices of toasted sandwich bread.